Western Culture Global Presents
The Top 100 Heroes of Western Culture
These individuals have most contributed to replacing ignorance withknowledge, savagery with civilization, disease with health, tyranny with liberty, poverty with abundance, and despair with happiness.
Introduction and Purpose
A list of and biographies for the top 100 heroes of Western culture was developed by Western Culture Global for five main reasons:
1. No such compilation already exists. This stems largely from the fact that most people the world over are ignorant of or confused about what Western culture is, its nature and characteristics. As a result, people have difficulty identifying those individuals of history who are most responsible for Western culture and its development.
2. Having such a compilation of heroes is critical for Western culture to sustain itself and develop. To know who Western culture’s heroes are and precisely why such individuals are worthy of admiration is indispensable to understanding and valuing the culture.
3. Most biographies available elsewhere on these individuals generally fail to coherently identify the true nature and scope of their accomplishments and enduring impact on humanity. The biographies here will at least attempt to give full justice to these individuals.
4. Most biographies available elsewhere provide much detailed information about each individual. Unfortunately, such a detailed biography makes identifying or retaining the essence of the person’s accomplishment(s) difficult or even impossible. Our biographies by contrast name only the essentials.
5. We seek to apply, based on our best judgment, Ayn Rand’s philosophy of Objectivismto the interpretation of history, specifically to Western historical figures, their ideas and actions.
Top 100 Western Culture Heroes — by Numerical Order
Top 100 Western Culture Heroes — by Century
Top 100 Western Culture Heroes — by Category